At FHLBank San Francisco, we believe that partnering with diverse suppliers helps us expand our supplier network, serve our members, and help make our communities more vibrant, equitable, and resilient. We actively promote supplier diversity at all levels of our organization and pursue relationships with diverse businesses to supply the products and services we need. Our supplier database includes businesses that are owned by people of color, women, disabled persons, veterans, and members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) community – and we hope to continue to expand our database of diverse partners.
Diverse Supplier Classifications
The Bank recognizes the following diverse business classifications and will accept third party certification of your business’ diversity status, if available.
- Minority-Owned Business: (1) with more than 50% ownership or control that is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more minority individuals and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of that accrues to one or more minority individuals. Example third party certification includes National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC).
- Women-Owned Business: (1) with more than 50% ownership or control that is held directly or indirectly by one or more women and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of that accrues to one or more women. Example third party certification includes Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and National Women’s Business Council (NWBC).
- Disabled-Owned Business: (1) with more than fifty percent (50%) of the ownership or control of that is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more persons with a disability and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of that accrues to one or more persons with a disability. Example third party certification includes Disability Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE).
- Qualified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern as defined in 13 CFR 125.8 through 125.13. Example third party certification includes Vets First, Disabled Veterans Business Alliance (DVBA), and National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC).
- Qualified Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender (LGBT) business. Example third party certification includes the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
In addition to these classifications, we are also interested in partnerships with indirect (Tier 2) diverse sub-contracted work and diversity spend with non-diverse-owned businesses:
- Tier 2 Diverse Suppliers: Diverse suppliers who are subcontracted with or otherwise providing services to the Bank through a partnership with a non-Diverse supplier.
- Ex. Supplier ABC is a non-diverse supplier currently under contract with FHLBank San Francisco. Supplier ABC subcontracts out 50% of their work with FHLBank San Francisco to a diverse supplier, Supplier XYZ.
- Diversity Spend with non-diverse-owned businesses: amount(s) paid by a regulated entity to a prime contractor that is not a minority-, women-, or disabled-owned business for professional services (i.e. the amount paid for work performed, as may be adjusted, in connection with providing legal, accounting, or other professional or consulting services) provided by or allocated to a partner, member, or other equity owner who is a minority, woman, or an individual with a disability.
- Ex. FHLBank San Francisco contracts with Supplier ABC, a non-diverse law firm. The amount of spend with Supplier ABC that is allocated to a diverse partner or equity owner at Supplier ABC.
We encourage partnerships with diverse suppliers in all forms.
Explore current open opportunities.
Contact Corporate Procurement for more information.
Diverse Supplier Self-Certification
If your business does not have a professional third party certification, you may qualify for our Supplier Diversity Self-Certification. To learn more, complete our certification inquiry form below.