The Bank is strongly committed to promoting diversity and ensuring the inclusion and use of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, individuals who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender (LGBT); veterans; service-disabled veterans; and minority-, women-, LGBT-, veteran-, service-disabled veteran-, and disabled-owned businesses in management, employment, procurement, and business activities at all levels of the Bank.
The Bank’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), in partnership with the Capital Markets team, promotes and identifies financial transaction opportunities with diverse broker-dealers. The following are qualifications for diverse Broker-Dealers seeking to do business with the Bank:
- Minority-Owned Business: (1) with more than 50% ownership or control which is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more minority individuals, and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more minority individuals.
- Women-Owned Business: (1) with more than 50% ownership or control that is held directly or indirectly by a woman(s), and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more women.
- Disabled-Owned Business: (1) with more than fifty percent (50%) of the ownership or control of which is held, directly or indirectly, by one or more persons with a disability, and (2) more than fifty percent (50%) of the net profit or loss of which accrues to one or more persons with a disability.
- Other qualified businesses such as Veteran and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses as defined in 13 CFR 125.8 through 125.13.
- Other qualified businesses such as LBGT-owned.
The Bank provides tailored education and outreach efforts to diverse broker-dealers in support of the Bank’s commitment to promote diverse opportunity across all business activities. Furthermore, the Capital Markets group supports diverse dealers in their underwriting and/or their investment sales efforts through proactive communication, outreach, and education to forge a partnership and extend debt issuance and investment opportunities. The Capital Markets group coordinates across the FHLBank System with with other Capital Markets Diversity Program representatives to ensure alignment in strategy and approach given our centralized processing with FHLBanks Office of Finance.
To become a member and authorized dealer for debt securities with the FHLBanks Office of Finance Diverse Dealer Group, please access the process application here. For more information contact Lenny Giambi at Giambi@fhlb-of.com.
FHLBank San Francisco Approved Diverse Dealer Group